Social Icons

delicioustwitteremail

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Ubisoft Gamescom Daily $1 Deals

Ubisoft has some of the worst DRM known to man, but a deal is a deal. The Uplay store has a different game available for $1 each day from Thursday to Sunday to celebrate Gamescom.

  • Thursday: Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2
  • Friday: From Dust
  • Saturday: Silent Hunter 5
  • Sunday: Driver: San Francisco

I picked up HAWX 2 for a buck even though it's supposedly not the best; it's always looked interesting despite the reviews and for a dollar I really don't care what anyone else thinks. I'm on the fence about From Dust, as from what I've heard it's a really interesting game marred by a terrible porting job. The Silent Hunter series is new to me and I'll probably pass on Saturday's offering. Driver: San Francisco definitely looks like the best game of the bunch - it actually has positive ratings on Metacritic - so for $1 it's a no-brainer. My OCD side hates buying games on their own individual DRM platforms outside of Steam, but if I get anything more than 10 minutes of enjoyment out of these games it'll be worth it.

Check out the deals here: http://uplay.ubi.com/en-US/events/gamescom

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
AnandTech
Tom's Hardware Reviews
Ars Technica
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...