Social Icons

delicioustwitteremail

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Orcs Must Die 2

I bought Orcs Must Die on Steam during Black Friday of last year for a little over 5 bucks, including DLC. At the time I hadn't really heard of it, and to be honest I wasn't really expecting much. Thankfully, the game was worth every penny and then some. A lot of people compare Orcs Must Die to Dungeon Defenders, a game which I really didn't enjoy. While they're both "third-person tower defense" games, Orcs Must Die skipped the grinding/leveling and Diablo-esque item drops of Dungeon Defenders and focused on solid level design and tower defense gameplay. The story isn't anything special, but the game's tone is perfect and most importantly, it's fun.

Orcs Must Die 2 was released on Monday and currently has a critic score of 87 and a user score of 9.4 on Metacritic. While I haven't grabbed a copy yet thanks to my tremendous backlog of games from the last couple of sales, I definitely plan on picking it up some time in the near future. In the mean time, check out the reviews from Ars Technica and the Penny Arcade Report, both of which give the game some high marks.

You can pick up Orcs Must Die 2 on Steam here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
AnandTech
Tom's Hardware Reviews
Ars Technica
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...