Social Icons

delicioustwitteremail

Friday, July 27, 2012

Razer Ouroboros Mouse

As I was meandering around the net today I came across the announcement of Razer's upcoming Ouroboros mouse. According to Tom's Hardware, the Ouroboros will set you back a whopping $130.

I can understand wanting to spend good money for quality peripherals - but 130 bucks? Granted, this mouse looks ridiculously customizable, with interchangeable "wings" plus length and angle adjustment... but the R.A.T. 7 and 9 already did all that a year or two ago.


You lose out on ambidexterity with the RAT9, so I guess the Ouroboros has that going for it. I'm not a big fan of wireless mice either, though I'll admit I've never used a "gaming-grade" wireless device. I come from the school of thought that every millisecond of response counts, especially in something like an FPS, so I'm always going to prefer a wired mouse. My Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2 gamepad is wireless and lasts for a pretty long time between battery swaps, but I always notice a significant jump in performance after putting in a fresh pair of AA's.

In the end, I guess it all comes back to the price point. All I really need is a decently-shaped mouse with DPI adjustment and a couple of thumb buttons and I'll be happy, and I've always been able to find that in the $40-70 range. In the end, I'd much rather put the $60-80 I've saved towards a bigger SSD or step up to another tier of graphics card.

You can find details about the Ouroboros (I'm getting really sick of typing that word) at Razer's website: http://www.razerzone.com/ouroboros.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
AnandTech
Tom's Hardware Reviews
Ars Technica
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...