Social Icons

delicioustwitteremail

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Steam Summer Sale

The Steam Summer Sale ended this past weekend.  Let's have a moment of silence in remembrance of sales past.

When the dust had settled I had picked up three games for $26-ish: GTA IV, Civilization V GOTY, and Darksiders.  I had played through Episodes from Liberty City but not GTA IV since it seemed like Steam always wanted to bundle them together in the past.  Civ V has been on my radar for a while, and it finally hit a price point that made me jump on it.  Darksiders, on the other hand, was a game I had never looked into previously - a friend recommended it to me and I ended up snagging it for 5 bucks.  As I plow through my gigantic backlog of Steam games I'll be posting my thoughts - stay tuned.

On a side note, Amazon has been discounting digital game downloads all month long.  We're down to the last few days of July, but you can check out these Amazon Digital Deals to get your post-Summer-Sale deals fix.  In addition, as of the time of this post (3am Thursday - why am I still awake?), Newegg has RAGE for $5.99.  The reviews that I've read have been pretty underwhelming, but 6 bucks for a 8-10 hours of campaign isn't the worst deal I've seen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
AnandTech
Tom's Hardware Reviews
Ars Technica
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...